Farm Manager Job In Warri, Delta State Nigeria
Jan 4, 2013 – Farm Manager Job In Warri, Delta State Nigeria
Dandani Farms was established in May 2006 and was registered as a limited liability company in May 2007 and presently have 60 people in employment. The company is focused mainly in egg and broiler production.
The company headquarters is located in Warri and the farm locations are in Orerokpe, Agbara-Otor and Otefe all in Delta state
BROILER PRODUCTION/PROCESSING FARM MANAGER
Dandani Farms Nigeria Limited – Warri (Nigeria)
The production manager is responsible for managing the production operations to ensure the achievement of production targets within specified quality, environmental standards and budget. To ensure production meets the indent and overheads and manning levels are within agreed budgets.
we have opening for a Broiler Production/Processing Plant (including hatchery/incubator/slaughtering/defeathering/evisceration/packing/cold storage) facility in Warri, Delta State, Nigeria. Our capacity is 10,000 broilers per week at peak production.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
Qualification: HND/BSC in any engineering/agric related course. Post-graduate traing in poultry operations and processing will be an added advantage
Experience: Not less than 10 years operating a broiler farm and poultry processing/packaging plant
Skills: Business Planning and management, budgeting and financial controls, cash flow analysis, maintenance planning and management, Production planning and analysis, use of basic IT packages (Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint), Effective communication.
JOB DESCRIPTION/AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY (AOR):
1. Managing the production team and ensuring zero mortality of birds as well as zero number of birds that fall short of specified minimum weight.
2. Managing the manufacturing process within defined safety and quality standards.
3. Adherence to Production plan and ensuring that production targets are met.
4. Achievement of production budgets,with minimum wastage of raw materials,ingredients and packaging materials.
5. Implement & foster a continuous improvement environment.
6. Adherence to site and business protocols.
7. Consolidate the activities of all production supervisors in order to ensure smooth operation for production and responsible for any emergencies that occur at that Plant.
8. Ensuring that all produced waste from the processing plant are properly managed with the aid of the rendering plant with zero impact on the environment.
9. Ensuring that all raw materials and logistics arrangement, including consumables in the processing plant and utilities systems are available at all times.
10. Reporting status and progress to business owner weekly in pre-agreed format.
11. Ensuring that all process machinery/equipment meet the required performance requirements, including co-ordinating the execution of planned preventive maintenance task to ensure equipment performs as required, as well as managing the review of the equipment deficiencies and taking corrective action.
12. Co-ordinating the Preparation annual budget, reporting monthly budget performance and ensuring operation is within the budget.
Remuneration, which includes housing and transportation, is very attractive.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in being considered for this position, do send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org