Latest Job Vacancies In Rivers State Nigeria
Oct 17, 2012 – Latest Job Vacancies In Rivers State Nigeria
The Rivers state government has embarked on significant reforms of the water sector. The following vacancies exist in the agency
- University degree in one or more of the following or related fields of study: hydrology, water engineering, electrical engineering, geology, biochemistry, environmental sciences for management, accountancy or business administration with at least second class lower division
- However, a postgraduate degree or professional qualification will be added advantage
- IT/IS proficiency and project management required
- Excellent oral and project management skills
- Professional qualifications in Water, Civil or Sanitation Engineering or Public Health or other professions relevant to the functions of the Agency with 15years experience (subject to a 5-year renewable performance-based contract)
SECRETARY/HEAD OF DEPT, LEGAL SERVICES
- A Bachelors degree in Law or an LLM with at least 13 years post bar working experience. Candidates that are also chartered Secretaries will have an Advantage
DIVISIONAL HEAD, FINANCE & ACCOUNTS
- A first degree, preferably in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Mathematics, Actuarial Science or related discipline and a professional qualification such as ACA, ACCA, CPA or equivalent is required. Minimum of 13 years cognate experience with at least 4years overseeing an accounts department in a reputable organization
DIVISIONAL HEAD, TECHNICAL OPERATIONS
- A good BSC/HND in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering with at least 13years experience preferably in the water Sector
DIVISIONAL HEAD, CONSUMER SERVICES & COMMERCIAL OPERATIONS
- A University degree in Economics, Mass Communications, Social/Pure Sciences etc.
- The ideal candidate will have 12-14years hands-on experience and exceptional relationship management skills
- A good degree in Water Resources Engineering Technology, Hydrology or related degree. Candidates with Diplomas Certificates from the National Water Resources Institute
- 6-8 years experience in groundwater investigation will be considered
- Minimum of first degree or equivalent with at least second class lower with major course work in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Administration or Business Management
- A good first degree and a post-graduate qualification are desired.
- Emphasis will be placed on at least 8years minimum cognate experience in the Water Sector, including Laboratory Services. Certification and/or international training in Water or related discipline will be a definite advantage
- Candidates should have at least 6-8years experience in the Construction, Installation, Maintenance of Water Transmission Pipes
- Candidates should have at least 6-8years experience in Water pump installation, operations and maintenance
POWER GENERATION TECHNICIANS
- Candidates should have at least 6-8years hands-on experience in Generator Installation, operations and Maintenance
ELECTRICAL EQUIPMENT TECHNICIANS
- Candidates should have at least 6-8years Cognate experience in the Installation & Maintenance pump panels or Electrical installations/Equipment, especially in a Water Works or Water Treatment Plant
- A first degree in Accounting or related course with 6-8years Cognate work experience in the use of accounting packages is desired.
- A University degree in Economics, Business Administration, Accounting, Law or related discipline.
- In Candidates with HND in Purchasing & Supply Management will be considered. 2-4 years hands-on experience.
- All candidates must demonstrate clear understanding of the Rivers State Bureau on Public Procurement Law and guidelines.
MEDIA & COMMUNICATIONS OFFICER
- A graduate of mass communications, Journalism or the Humanities with at least 2-4 years experience in both print and Electronic broadcasting.
- Candidates must have an existing working relationship with the local Media in Rivers State.
- A first degree preferably in Finance, Banking, Accounting, Mathematics, Actuarial Science or related field.
- Minimum of 2-4 yrs cognate experience in similar position working for a reputable organization is required
- A good first degree, at least 3-5 yrs hands on experience in the HR Department of a reputable organization.
ADMIN & FACILITY OFFICER
- A first degree with membership of relevant professional bodies.
- Candidates must have a minimum of 3-5 yrs cognate experience in managing a large facility and outsourcing.
- Candidates with integrated or overlapping experience in Administration, Logistics and Facility management are the ideal candidates.
- Minimum of a first degree or its equivalent in Electrical Electronics Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering or related discipline.
- A minimum of 3-5yrs experience in DBMS, maintenance of IT infrastructure and manning of an ICT help desk will be an advantage
- A first degree in the social sciences and at least 2-4 yrs working experience in the Administration, Logistics or Transport Unit of a large Organisation.
- A first degree in the pure sciences and at least 2-4 yrs experience in Administration and Stores management will be preferred.
CONSUMER AFFAIRS OFFFICER
- Minimum of a first degree or its equivalent in the social sciences. 3-5 yrs experience in rural hygiene and Sanitation programmes and or Community Mobilization will be a clear advantage.
- First degree or HND with a minimum of 3-5 yrs experience in a similar position and or a Security organization will be required. Familiarity with Local Security services is also required.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
All qualified and interested candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Candidates should send their applications in confidence with detailed Curriculum Vitae (including telephone number(s) and an email address)
Within 2 weeks from date of this publication indicating Ref: RSSTWSSA
Or P.O.Box 5924, Lagos
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.